Conference & AGM
N.A.P.P. 2018 Annual Conference
Each year the Association holds a National Conference that includes the Annual General Meeting of
the Association. This takes place in a different part of the UK each year. N.A.P.P.
Annual Conferences are ideal for established PPGs who want to share ideas, and for newly
formed PPGs who want to learn from more experienced Groups.
They are also helpful for practices who are thinking of getting started with a PPG.
The 2018 Annual Conference and AGM took place on Saturday, 09 June 2018
Nottingham Belfry Hotel
2018 was our Ruby Anniversary Conference
The theme was:
“40 years of patient engagement: What next?”
- Keynote speech: Professor Mayur Lakhani, President of Royal College of GPs
- Keynote speech: Professor Dr Patricia Wilkie, “Celebrating 40 years of N.A.P.P and its PPGs:
Past, Present and Future”
- Choose two workshops from four on offer. (See conference programme)
- Closing remarks: Professor Sir Denis Pereira Gray, N.A.P.P. Patron
- Networking with PPG colleagues, practice managers, GPs, practice nurses and Clinical Commissioning Group Patient engagement staff
- Opportunities for N.AP.P. PPG members to share ideas and learn.
- Limited places
The conference programme also included a panel session, the popular Soapbox session, presentation of the Corkill Award to the winners of the PPG of the Year.
N.A.P.P.’s Annual General Meeting was held at 4.15pm when the conference has ended.
Reports from the conference will be published shortly
Videos from our 2017 conference are available